Thursday, July 15, 2010

The Big Move....

So, we are finally here!! We just got internet connection today so get ready for lots of catch up blogging...

In usual Thompson fashion, we crammed every possible life change we could think of into a few months. We also decided that the end of the apartment lease, my last day of work and the new house closing should all be on the same day. So, with a car FULL (because we didn't get a big enough Uhaul), and no Children's badge or white coat (those had to be turned in BEFORE I left), I went to clinic one last time while Sam locked the front door and turned in the keys. I'm kind of glad I didn't have a second to think that through when I left or I'm sure I would have cried.

Poor Sam drove 4 hours in the pouring rain with a screaming baby in the back seat the whole time. He was still a wreck and she was exhausted by the time I arrived.

I saw 6 patients before I left my clinic one last time... lots of thoughts went through my head all the way to Austin. (Stay tuned for residency reflections in a later post). One sweet mom told me she wished she could move to Austin just so I could be her son's doctor. That was enough to make me really excited about my new job.

Moving in was a blast. We had the greatest moving crew in Austin - the Regents varsity football team. What took 7 of us in Dallas a whole looooooong day to pack up took them 1 hour to unload into the appropriate rooms and all furniture re-assembled. They kept referring to me as "Mrs. Thompson". I guess with a real house and a baby on my hip I was looking really old to them. The goof troop came prepared with good food and cold wine and the girls helped to get everything put away in the kitchen.

Thanks to everyone who helped. We had dinners sent from Regents families, tons of help from Jeanne Ann and David - from putting things together to polishing furniture to entertaining the peanut and a visit from the worker bees from Dallas (stay tuned!).

Don't get too excited... no pics until we are done getting things put together.

Supervising

Ta-daaa!!! We got our moneys worth for that truck!

"Goodbye" breakfast with Ryan and Holly... followed by "hello" dinner with them 5 days later in Austin!


A visit with Charlotte's newest friend, sweet Lofton before we left! We can't wait for their visit to Austin in a couple weeks!!

Last night in her sweet bassinet... boo hoo. Poor thing was desperate for her big girl crib... she was literally bumper to bumper! The first time I put her in her big bed she stretched her arms and legs all the way out immediately. Thanks girl, I got the point.

Poor Charlotte was entertaining herself A LOT while we were packing up. At this point, I found her playing under the packing paper! She is getting to be quite mobile... uh oh!!!

woo hoo!!!!

ahhhhhh.....

It's ours!!!!

Me and my girl

Regents Moving Company

The goof troop

Good night :)

2 comments:

  1. So very excited for you!!! Wish we were there so you could "heal" the Tucker Clan!!
    Not to mention- I just miss you guys so very much. A big hug to ALL 3 of you....

    ReplyDelete
  2. We will miss your whole family at Oak Lawn UMC but wish you well in Austin!

    ReplyDelete