Sunday, November 28, 2010

Give Thanks

Each year during the holidays, I spend a little extra time thinking about how fast time has flown by and what I am thankful for that particular year. This year I found myself reflecting much more and feeling far more grateful than I have been in awhile. My memories of the last few years of my favorite season includes post-call Thanksgiving dinners (trying to stay awake at the table), drinking my holiday Starbucks drink in the ER and looking out of the hospital windows at the Christmas lights with tears in my eyes wishing I was with my family. This year the holidays have kicked off to quite a different start. I have spent the last 4 days sitting around an outdoor fire laughing with my hilarious siblings, eating my mama's delicious Thanksgiving meal (for 3 days straight), visiting with old friends, getting the biggest hugs from my sweet nephew, snuggling on the couch with my hubby, doorbusting on Black Friday with my mom and favorite holiday Starbucks drink and best of all laughing all day long at my adorable little peanut and her toothy grin. I sure hope days like these teach her from a very early age that the best things in life aren't thing at all... they are love and laughing and giving, they are family and friends, they are hugs and cuddles and smiles. When I say my prayers this year, I am so so thankful that my life is full of these wonderful things.

Playing upstairs in "boys club" with Uncle Vinny

Pops and his 2 buddies

Uncle Vinny brainwashing my little longhorn!

Wild child

Our little family

Mouth full of turkey!!

Cash is the sweetest dog ever, much more patient than Miss Macy.

Charlotte and Aunt Lauren have matching tummies!

Reading with Nana, her rocker is one of your favorite spots

Lauren, Justin, Baby #1 and Baby #2!

That silly Pops can sure make you laugh

Playtime with your sweet friend Lofton

Precious face, I love her!

Two mama's that love love love their baby girls

1 comment:

  1. How sweet! I especially like the picture of Charlotte in the Aggie jersey! ;-)

    ReplyDelete