Monday, March 1, 2010

It won't be like this for long....

"He didn't have to wake up
He'd been up all night
Layin’there in bed listenin’
To his new born baby cry
He makes a pot of coffee
He splashes water on his face
His wife gives him a kiss and says
It gonna be okay.

It won’t be like this for long
One day we'll look back laughin’
At the week we brought her home
This phase is gonna fly by
So baby just hold on
‘Cause it won't be like this for long.

He lays down there beside her
‘Til her eyes are finally closed
And just watchin’ her it breaks his heart
Cause he already knows

It won’t be like this for long
One day soon that little girl is gonna be
All grown up and gone
Yeah, this phase is gonna fly by
So, he's tryin’ to hold on
'Cause it won’t be like this for long."


I love the words to this Darius Rucker song. It is hard to fight the tears when I hear it, I can't stand to think of you all grown up and gone. I know your dad will have an even harder time with that than I will!! You and him already have such a special bond. His chest is definitely one of your favorite places to be. When you're fussy he holds you and sings Alan Jackson's hymns and you go right to sleep. So sweet. As much as I hate leaving you to go to work, I love that you two have that time alone. It is such a special time that most daughters and daddies don't have. I can't wait to watch your relationship grow through the years!


No comments:

Post a Comment