Thursday, July 14, 2011

Hawaii Day 4

Hawaii Day 4 was my idea of vacation. The Thompson trio (Jeanne Ann, David and Sam) love the idea of adventure. And they are not about to fly half way across the world (or at least it felt like that far) to sit on the same beach and not see the ENTIRE island. I, on the other hand, was perfectly content to leave Hawaii only seeing only a lovely 5 miles of beauty surrounding our condo. So after our little day trip on day 2, I quickly vetoed any more time in the car for Charlotte and I. And I am positive that if she could vote, she would have agreed. I had fallen in love with the Hilton Waikoloa when we went to see the dolphins. They offered a day pass where you could spend the whole day enjoying their gorgoues beaches, lagoon and pools. It just happened to be on the way out of town so we got a lift from the adventurists and set up shop for the day under a shady palm. I don't have pictures because I sent the camera with Sammie but I don't need them. I have the most wonderful memories stored in a special place in my mind where I'm sure i will never forget them. We literally swam ALL day long. Charlotte thought the lazy river and water slides connecting the pools were the most fun things she had ever done. We shared lunch at the poolside grill... burgers and fries and a coke of course. We sang ourselves to sleep on a shady little hill by a waterfall. And then we woke up and swam again until our taxi was back!! The goof troop came back with some crazy stories and boy were we happy we weren't in that back seat! Here are a few pics of their views:




I love that Sam takes pictures like this. He truly appreciates the beauty of this world God created for us.

One of my favorites from the whole trip... like I said we swam ALL day, and the nap I spoke of was definitely not long. Here she is after dinner and bath... instead of begging for her bed she cried and begged for just one. more. swim. Little fish :)

No comments:

Post a Comment