Sunday, September 25, 2011

Ohio trip

We had the most wonderful visit to Ohio this summer. It had been way too long since my last visit after 3 years of residency and having a baby. This was Charlotte's first trip to meet all of her family! We truly had a lovely time. Even though we moved from Ohio when I was young, it still brings back such good memories of my childhood every time I go. My favorite times are spent at Aunt Ruthie and Aunt Nancy's house, where I so vividly remember having a blast playing with my siblings and cousins. It just seems like everything moves a little slower there. I know that's probably not true and that their lives are just as crazy as ours - but sitting out back with family drinking a beer mid-afternoon and watching the kids play is just something I don't get to do. We spent our first night at Aunt Nancy's, and Marisa came over to play with Nic. He is such a doll and Charlotte loved having a little friend! We were so excited to escape the Texas heat but unfortunately a heat wave blew through Ohio and it was hotter there than at home!! But we still enjoyed Aunt Nancy's beautiful yard and spent the evening outside. On Friday, Charlotte, Nana, Aunt Ruthie and I went to Columbus Country Club. Charlotte was in heaven!! We had a great time swimming and eating lunch thanks to the Gibboney's. I think we would spend every Thursday there if we lived there! Friday night we went to visit Grandpa Cecil and check out his new place. He was so happy to see Charlotte and was thrilled that she liked Donato's and M&M's, what a good little Bosworth baby! We went to the annual Bosworth family reunion Saturday. Char slept through most of it after being worn out early in the trip. It was a nice break to have a chance to catch up with my family. Sunday we went to Meghann's wedding shower, it was so beautiful. We had a delicious lunch and a wonerful time with my aunt's and cousins. I love the Koebel girls dearly and wish I could have lunch with them much much more often. It was an action packed trip but we had a great time and got to see almost everyone! I hope we can do it every summer.

Playing with Nic. After a long day of traveling and no nap, Char kept Lovie close by!

Charlotte loved pushing this baby and grocery cart

Nana's shoes - goofy girl

Hard to get a good one of these two!

Aunt Nancy kept sweeping up the leaves and then these goofs would play in the pile and scatter it again!

Fun!!





Me and my girl

Vacation is tiring!!

Love!

Swinging with Mama

Charlotte loved the BIG slide!! Little daredevil!

The only pic I took of the Bosworth's, what was I thinking!?!?

iPhone pic - better than nothing. Charlotte and Cecil!

Gorgeous shower - homemade cupcakes....mmmmm!

Centerpieces from Heidi's garden, unreal!!!

The hostesses

Mama and Meghann, the beautiful bride!

Mother of the bride


Another day without a nap, I think Charlotte was delirious at this point!

Wild woman helping to open gifts


Bride-to-be, I miss this girl!

No comments:

Post a Comment