Friday, February 3, 2012

Turkey Day

We had a lot to be thankful for this Thanksgiving. If there is one thing that I can thank a miserable three years of residency for, it is that 1.5 years later I don't take a single minute of time off for granted. I am still so excited every Friday that I have the weekend off! I still get sooooo excited about getting to go to bed every night in my own bed with my sweet hubby. We are so thankful for our beautiful home and we were excited to share it with family this year. And most of all we are so thankful for our baby girls. We are so incredibly blessed by our sweet little Charlotte Grace, and we are thrilled about having a healthy baby sister on the way. I was on call this year so we hosted Thanksgiving with the Thompson's at our house. It was wonderful, and call didn't get in the way at all! Kids make everything more fun, including holidays. We had fun playing with our Little People thanksgiving set from Nana, and had a great time playing outside after dinner. Charlotte loved having her big cousin, Taylor to play with all day. Thanksgiving day was spent the way it is supposed to be spent - relaxing, cooking, talking, laughing, eating, walking, playing games, watching football, eating some more and napping. It was perfect!

Aunt's cooking up some good food!

Papaw has the same job as my dad at Thanksgiving :)

We had two tables to choose from... dining room formal china

or hill country casual! At either spot, the dinner was delicious!

"Watching football" - ha!

Macy Moo

Charlotte has had this jeep since we found it last spring at a garage sale... her legs have never reached the pedals though so she didn't realize it moved! We had Taylor take her for a ride and she almost died when it took off, I wish I caught her face on film! Priceless!!!

Off they go!

Playing out back

Sweet girl


Wrestling with daddy, Charlotte's fav!


Yahtzee!

Art time

One of Charlotte's favorite activities these days, especially with a buddy!!

Ball fight with JaJa!

Wild child

A Thompson family tradition - Charlotte's first haircut from Sister!

No comments:

Post a Comment