Monday, February 11, 2013

A moment in time...

Some days I wish I could freeze time and keep my babies as babies forever. But then I am reminded of a book we have called "If I Could Keep You Little". It says -

"If I could keep you little, I'd hold your hand everywhere. But then I'd miss you knowing, I can go... you stay there. If I could keep you little, I'd strap you in real tight. But then I'd miss you swinging from your treetop height. If I could keep you little, I'd tell you stories every night. But then I'd miss you reading the words you've learned by sight. If I could keep you little, we'd finger-paint our art. But then I'd miss you creating stories from your heart. If I could keep you little, we'd nap in our fort midday. But then I'd miss you sharing adventures from camp away. If I could keep you little, I'd keep you close to me. But then I'd miss you growing into who you're meant to be!!"

I don't think this will ever be easy for me. But I am thankful for days like this Saturday, with nothing else to do but sit outside and enjoy you being little. (And thank goodness for a camera to help me remember these precious faces forever and ever).




No comments:

Post a Comment