Thursday, August 12, 2010

29.

Thanks to everyone for the great b-day! I got to spend the weekend with my family... we grilled burgers at mom's and had red velvet cake - yum!!! I got lots of great gifts for decorating the new casa, one of my favorite hobbies right now! Charlotte had lots of fun laughing at her family and was a trooper on the go as usual. When I got home, there was a surprise front porch swing hanging from Sam, Jeanne Ann and David. Just what I had been wanting! It is a big hit with the peanut and we have really enjoyed it. For my b-day, my sweet hubby left 2-a-days early to take me and my girl to dinner at Iron Cactus, it was very special. I was on night float last year on my birthday and remember being so sad, I am still thanking God everyday for my new wonderful life.

A few goals before the big 3-0:
1. Celebrate our anniversary for the first time ever!!
2. Take a trip as soon as Charlotte is done nursing, we miss traveling! First week away at grandma's! Right now we are thinking Hawaii... any suggestions??
3. Read a non-medical book.
4. Get my body back. The pounds are gone but the amount of flab is disgusting. The goal is to get back into shape before the next baby bump arrives :)
5. Pass the boards and be a real card-carrying pediatrician.
6. Eat 5 fruits and veggies per day.
7. Teach my daughter to pray.
8. Learn more about wine (this includes drinking more of it in between that nursing and pregnant time.)
9. Work in my yard. Major learning needed there, I don't really even know how to pull weeds or mow. (Not that I really plan to do those things, but I would like to learn more about the local flowers and plants and do some work in the garden.)
10. Find some yummy, fast and healthy weeknight recipes and cook at least 2 nights/week.

I love sharing my birthday with Justin, his is August 8th and we always celebrate together! Owen loves a good birthday celebration and loves a good piece of cake!


Swingin' with my girl on my birthday

1 comment:

  1. LOVE the birthday swing - what a great idea!! How fun you are getting to actually celebrate things now!

    ReplyDelete