Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Dear Olivia...

My dear Olivia - Today is May 16th and we are expecting your arrival any day now! You seem pretty comfortable in there, I tell you every morning that it is a good day for a birthday but no signs of labor yet! Yesterday was Pops' 60th birthday so I was really hoping that you would come but I guess you want your own special day! I don't blame you :) Ready or not, Monday is the big day. You are breech so we are going to do a scheduled c-section. I am hoping that this is your one rebellious act and you are going to be an angel once you arrive! Nana thinks otherwise!! She keeps teasing me about that stubborn 2nd child!

So far we have had a fun 9 months together. We prayed for you for many months, and I cried with joy when I found out you were on the way. Pregnancy has been easy again, I have been so blessed to feel very well the whole time. The beginning was exhausting but that didn't last long, and I just took advantage of napping with Charlotte in the afternoon. It is getting hard to get around (and especially to carry around your big sis!) but it won't be long now. I have really just been miserably big the last week or two. I said I wasn't going to gain as much weight with you, but I did! 40 pounds!!! I guess that Nutella craving caught up with me...

You have been my traveling buddy and I think your first few trips were fun ones! We went to New York in December for a girls trip with JuJu, Tiff and Jan - it was great! I was in that lovely second trimester where I felt great and we just stomped all over town! We went to Crested Butte for New Years with Nana and Pops and had a wonderful visit. There you got to go sledding and snowshoeing with me! In March, daddy and I (and you of course) went to Lake Tahoe for a wedding. It was beautiful and relaxing, and you probably enjoyed me sitting still for a bit! Of course we also took a few trips to Dallas and New Orleans and the lake to visit our family. Those trips are always fun, and Nana and Auntie feed you really well!

I have felt so blessed with all of the excitement and love our family and friends have for you already. Of course your grandparents and aunts and uncles just can't wait to get their hands on you! And your sweet big sis is so excited to meet you. She hugs my belly all the time, and says she missed you when I get home from work. She says "hi yivi!" and "awwwww yivi you" (i.e. Livi Lou) all day long. She tells you to come out when we do something fun, like she is worried about you missing out. Yesterday she told you to get out and swim with her! I hope you are best buddies forever, there is nothing like having a best friend who is your sister. Our friends have showered us with love, prayers and well wishes for you. You are quite a lucky lady to be born into a community of so many people who already love you.

There is certainly something very magical about the first pregnancy, but there are also a lot of unknowns. One of those unknowns is how much love you can possibly have for a little person that you have never met. This pregnancy has been even more exciting knowing that I am going to get to fall in love all over again as soon as I see your face. I just can't wait to finally hold you and feed you and snuggle with you. I pray that you are a healthy and happy little girl. I love you, sweet Olivia.
And I promise to keep on loving you forever and ever. Love, Mama

Here we go! Off to the hospital at 39 weeks to meet my precious Livi!

No comments:

Post a Comment