Thursday, September 13, 2012

School Days

Charlotte Grace is going to school!! We decided last spring that Charlotte was about ready to go off to preschool. She and Martha had a wonderful first two years together, and I am so thankful that she got to spend that time at home. She loved her music and gym classes, playing with Brooke and just being at home playing in her play room and outside everyday. But toward the end of the spring, she was starting to rule the roost a little more than her mom and dad liked. It was clear that she loved being around other children, loved art and music and was just a little sponge to everything that she was taught. So, we embarked upon the picking out a preschool journey. Naturally the first one we went to was the cream of the crop. Sam and I were just blown away with how calm the classroom was, how happy the children were and how much they were learning. Sam especially loved the "no junkfood" policy and the fact that each classroom had their own garden. I loved all of the educational "toys" instead of all of the loud, plastic things we saw at most preschools. They teach Spanish and music everyday, do lots of art and spend LOTS of time on the playground. It seemed like a perfect fit for us. We briefly looked at some other local preschools, quickly turned up our noses and decided to go for it. (And cut the budget elsewhere, ha!) I was very hesitant about the required 5 days/week schedule. I thought Charlotte was too little to go everyday but decided to give it a try. And what a great decision that we made.

Charlotte LOVES school!! She ran right in the first day, gave her daddy a kiss and didn't shed a tear. Her mommy, however, cried all the way to work. I don't like my babies growing up so fast. I called around 10 and the report I got was, "Charlotte is doing great. She is talking a lot and very busy." I knew this meant that she was comfortable because she won't talk in an unfamiliar environment. Miss Kimberly told me at the end of the first week that it was the easiest toddler transition she had ever seen. She said that Charlotte's vocabulary was excellent, that she shares well(surprise!) and that she is good with her please's and thank you's. All of these things made her mama beam. At the end of the second week, she had lots of tears. Just as I started to get upset, we discovered that she had an ear infection. As soon as we cleared it up, she was back to her happy self. Daddy and I are so proud of our sweet Charlotte. She continues to be such a joy to so many people. I pray that she loves school as much as her mommy did!!

First day!

I love this pic! I love that her backpack is as big as her (and all it has in it is some spare panties!), and I love that her dress is caught so you can see her monogrammed bootie. Thank you Nana for the backpack and JaJa for the dress and bloomers!!


Some pics that her teacher has sent me - what fun!









1 comment:

  1. Char looks so big (and SO happy) in all of her school pictures! I can hardly believe she's old enough to be in school! It sounds like you found the perfect fit for her. And that pony tail kills me - she looks five!!! Miss you guys tons!

    ReplyDelete