Thursday, September 13, 2012

The Martin girls

I met Casey Martin way back when I went to UT. We worked out together at Wild Basin (with this really cute trainer I might add!). We lost touch throughout most of medical school and residency, although I do remember meeting her for lunch one day in Dallas. We found out that we were both having baby girls just a few weeks apart, and we were excited to get them together when we got back to Austin. We met for lunch when we were visiting one time and the girls were 3 months old. We caught up in no time and quickly realized that we all loved spending time together. Casey and I have a lot in common. We both live far from our mamas and our sisters. That is not easy for either of us. I think that we fill some of that sad place in our hearts when we get together. We spend most of our Thursday's together with our sweet girls. We are both crazy over our girls and enjoy sitting back and admiring them as they play. We have continued on the same schedule for our families since Charlotte and Francie! We have sweet angel babies (girls I'm sure!) who have their playdates in heaven. And now we have two new little sweeties who are already the best of friends! Things are a little harder with Charlotte in school on Thursday mornings, but we are finding time in the afternoon or on the weekends to get together. I love the Martin girls, my babies are so blessed to have such wonderful friends to grow up with! (Now I just need to figure out a way to talk Casey into #3 and 4....)

Olivia meets Finley!

Sweet big sisters love those baby girls!


And for old times sake... Charlotte meets Francie!

First playdate at Francie's house. Ugh. Tear. Where does the time go??




1 comment:

  1. What a sweet story. Your girls are so blessed to grow up together, as are you and Casey to raise these sweet girls along side one another!

    ReplyDelete