Sunday, January 16, 2011

New Years in Crested Butte

We spent our first of hopefully many many New Years in Crested Butte and it was wonderful! It was our first long trip away from Miss Charlotte and we did just fine! I was sad to say goodbye but I knew that she was going to have a great time spending the week with JaJa and Papaw at "the farm" aka their house. But as soon as I got settled into the plane ride with my Starbucks and a good book, suddenly things were very quiet and quite relaxing! Of course we missed our sweet girl dearly and we were SO excited to get home, but we sure had a nice time together like the "good ol' days". Mom and Dad spoiled us rotten. Their condo is wonderful and Crested Butte is such an adorable and fun little ski town. The skiing was fabulous, the food was amazing, the hot tub was hot and the scenery was so beautiful. It was a bit chilly the first couple days (-20's overnight) but warmed up to 19 Sunday and Monday so I could ski! Thanks Mama an Pops, I can't wait for our next adventure! (And of course I cannot wait to see my crazy Charlotte running around in the snow next year!)

Wow! 11 inches the night before we arrived! Clearly these people hadn't left in a few days!

Job prospect?

Love the CB movie theater. We saw True Grit this time, great movie!

Bike rack

Mama and me

Trying to stay warm!

I love my mountain man.

Could these two be any cuter?

Pizza on the floor at the Secret Stash on New Years Eve. This place is so hippie, love it!


Dad loves the famous CB blood mary's!

We had to help these 2 goofs out of here after a few drinks!

Staying warm

Love this cute little town

Lunch at Pitas in Paradise - best gyro ever!

Photo op in Mom's fur coat :)

More town pics...



Home sweet home!

View from the living room to the ski lift - not bad!

View from the other living room window

Beautiful home! Love the antler light!

Dad's favorite - the fish

Huge living room - perfect for 10 grandbabies sleeping bags!

Headed to the hot tub! (Could my legs possibly be any more pale?!!?)

Wow, check out both of our cheeks. Diet started as soon as we got home!

On the mountain!

Love the area at the base of the mountain, I imagine we will spend a lot of time playing down here with the kiddoes!

And so glad there is a fire to keep us warm!

Views from the top!


Look at me skiing with the big boys. Ha ha, jk, I stayed on the blues!

The skiier.

Night night!

1 comment:

  1. FUN!!!!!!!!! What awesome pictures you took! I feel like I was part of the trip after looking through those! I wish I could have been there - cannot wait for next year! So glad you guys got to get away and enjoy each other for a few days!!!

    ReplyDelete